Contributed by Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
Listen to recording
In 2006 Pauleena MacDougall, the director of the Maine Folklife Center, interviewed Lois Andrews about her employment at Eastern Fine Paper from 1956 until she retired in 2000.
Lois's son also worked for the company and in this clip she talks about how the mill's closure in 2004 affected her son.
About This Item
- Title: Finding new work after Eastern Fine Paper closed, Brewer, 2006
- Creator: Pauleena MacDougall
- Creation Date: 2006-01-06
- Subject Date: 2004
- Location: Brewer, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Compact disc
- Local Code: NA3391 cd2372
- Object Type: Sound Recording
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dismissal of employees--Maine--Brewer
- Eastern Corporation (Bangor, Me.)
- Paper industry--Maine--Brewer
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
c/o Special Collections, 5729 Fogler Library, Orono, ME 04469
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.