Contributed by Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
Listen to recording
In 2006 Pauleena MacDougall, the director of the Maine Folklife Center, interviewed Phyllis Beaulieu, who worked for Eastern Fine Paper from 1949 until she retired in 1988, about her employment at Eastern.
In this audio clip Phyllis recalls the insurance benefits she and her husband received from working at the mill and what happened to these benefits after she stopped working at the mill.
About This Item
- Title: Employee benefits at Eastern mill, Brewer, ca. 2006
- Creator: Pauleena MacDougall
- Creation Date: 2006-01-23
- Subject Date: 1949–2004
- Location: Brewer, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Compact disc
- Local Code: NA3393 cd2375
- Object Type: Sound Recording
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dismissal of employees--Maine--Brewer
- Eastern Corporation (Bangor, Me.)
- Employee fringe benefits
- Paper industry--Maine--Brewer
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
c/o Special Collections, 5729 Fogler Library, Orono, ME 04469
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.