Contributed by Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
Listen to recording
In 2006 Amy Stevens, a former graduate student from the University of Maine, interviewed Mike Woodbury, the color boss/lead of Eastern Fine Paper from 1978 until 2004, about his employment at Eastern.
In this audio clip Mike talks about what benefits Brewer received from Eastern and how its closure in 2004 affected the community.
About This Item
- Title: What Eastern contributed to the community and employees, Brewer, 2006
- Creator: Amy Stevens
- Creation Date: 2006-01-25
- Subject Date: 1978–2004
- Location: Brewer, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Compact disc
- Local Code: NA3472 cd2426
- Object Type: Sound Recording
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dismissal of employees--Maine--Brewer
- Eastern Corporation (Bangor, Me.)
- Paper industry--Maine--Brewer
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
c/o Special Collections, 5729 Fogler Library, Orono, ME 04469
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.