Contributed by Maine Historical Society
A Native American pipe from East Machias. The pipes also are known as blocked-end tubes.
About This Item
- Title: Indian pipe, East Machias, ca. 1000
- Creation Date: circa 2000
- Subject Date: circa 1000
- Town: East Machias
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Stone
- Local Code: 21*
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Abenaki Indians--Maine--East Machias
- Indians of North America--Maine--East Machias--Implements
- Indians of North America--Tobacco-pipes
- Pipes, Indian
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.