Contributed by L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
George W. Hinckley, founder of Good Will Homes, with Good Will boys, 1893.
The Good Will-Hinckley Home for Boys and Girls in Fairfield served orphans and other needy children. The school opened in 1889 and Hinckley ran it until 1919, when his son Walter took over.
About This Item
- Title: George Walter Hinckley with Good Will boys, Fairfield, 1893
- Creator: Good Will Home Association
- Creation Date: 1893
- Subject Date: 1893
- Local Name: Hinckley
- Town: Fairfield
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 22.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
Route 201, Hinckley, ME 04944
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Hinckley, George Walter--Photographs
- George Walter,1853-1950 Hinckley,
- Good Will-HinckleyHinckley, George Walter
- Orphanages - Maine - Fairfield
- Schools - Maine - Fairfield
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.