Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
George W. French took this photograph is of Cadillac Mountain Road and Frenchman's Bay in Acadia National Park, Mount Desert Island.
Cadillac Mountain Road winds 3.5 miles to the summit of Cadillac Mountain. The mountain, 1530 ft in elevation, has the highest peak on U.S. Atlantic Coast.
French, a native of Kezar Falls, worked for the Maine Development Commission from 1936-1955, taking photographs to promote tourism and economic development.
About This Item
- Title: Cadillac Mountain Road, Acadia National Park, ca. 1940
- Creator: French, George Washington
- Creation Date: circa 1940
- Subject Date: circa 1940
- Town: Mount Desert Island
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photo negative
- Dimensions: 16 cm x 21 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 448
- Collection: Prints of original post cards of Witteman Brothers Postal Card Company
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Acadia National Park (Me.)
- Frenchman Bay (Me.)
- Landscape photographs
- Maine. Development Commission
- Mount Desert Island (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.