Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Letter from Jedediah Preble, representative of the Committee of Correspondence, to the Provicial Congress about the kidnapping of Capt. Mowat in Portland by Samuel Thompson and subsequent events, May 14, 1775.
About This Item
- Title: Jedediah Preble letter on Mowat kidnapping, 1775
- Creator: Jedediah Preble
- Creation Date: 1775-05-14
- Subject Date: 1775
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 1157, p. 43-46
- Collection: Burning of Falmouth/Mowat's Relation
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Canceaux (Ship)
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--British forces--Prisoners and prisons
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Committees of correspondence--Letters
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.