Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Hubbard Winslow Bryant (1839-1917) moved from Boston to Portland in 1861, giving up his profession as a bookseller to become the bookkeeper for J.B. Brown & Sons.
After 36 years, Bryant retired from his position as bookkeeper for J.B. Brown & Sons, in 1897, to return to his previous career as a bookseller.
He was also a member of the Maine Historical Society and served as the society's librarian from 1881 to 1906.
About This Item
- Title: Hubbard Winslow Bryant, Portland, ca. 1900
- Creator: Lamson Studios, Portland
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 17.5 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 182, Box 1, Envelope 3
- Collection: Lamson Studios collection of glass plate negatives : Maine people
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bryant, Hubbard Winslow, 1839-1917
- Lamson Studio (Portland, Me.)
- Lamson, Joseph H., 1840-1902
- Maine -- Photographs
- Portrait photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.