Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Horace W. Shaylor Sr. poses in his 1904 "E" model Stanley Steamer.
The car cost $710 after taxes, its speed range was 3 to 25 miles per hour, and it had a capacity of two passengers.
The photograph was taken at 122 Pine Street, Portland.
Shaylor was an artist who developed and taught a system of penmanship.
About This Item
- Title: Horace W. Shaylor Sr., Portland, 1906
- Creation Date: 1906
- Subject Date: 1906
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 19 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2538, Box 2/10
- Collection: Shaylor family collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Pine Street (Portland, Me.)--Photographs
- Portland (Me.)--Streets--Pine--Photographs
- Stanley Steamer automobile
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.