Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
H. W. Shaylor Jr.'s first automobile was a 1904 model "E" Stanley Steamer. The car cost $710 after taxes, its speed range was 3 to 25 miles per hour, and its capacity was two passengers.
Shaylor owned an engraving company in Portland.
About This Item
- Title: 1904 Stanley Steamer, Falmouth, ca. 1904
- Creation Date: circa 1904
- Subject Date: circa 1904
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7 cm x 11 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2538, Box 2/10
- Collection: Shaylor family collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Pine Street (Portland, Me.)--Photographs
- Portland (Me.)--Streets--Pine--Photographs
- Stanley Steamer automobile
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.