Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Nurse holding a newborn child, tightly wrapped in a blanket, in the maternity ward of Maine General Hospital, the predecessor to today's Maine Medical Center.
About This Item
- Title: Maternity Ward Nurse, Maine General Hospital, Portland, 1926
- Creation Date: 1926
- Subject Date: 1926
- Local Name: West End
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.12247
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine General Hospital (Portland, Me.)
- Maine Medical Center (Portland, Me.)
- Maternity nursing--Maine--Portland
- Newborn infants--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.