Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Phyllis Weber was one of six starters on the South Portland High School women's basketball team in 1926. At that time, the basketball court was divided into thirds: guard, center, and forward. Each team had six players with two players assigned to, and confined to, each third. Players moved the ball by passing or some limited dribbling.
Phyllis Weber played the "JC" position, according to starting lineups listed in the Portland Evening Express sports articles in the winter of 1926.
About This Item
- Title: Phyllis Weber, South Portland High School, 1926
- Creation Date: 1926
- Subject Date: 1926
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.12239
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Basketball players--Maine--South Portland
- South Portland High School (South Portland, Me.)--Students
- Teenage girls--Maine--South Portland
- Women basketball players--Maine--South Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.