Contributed by Maine Historical Society
This letter dated circa 1717 was sent to Rev. M. Baxter and describes the new land settlements around Brunswick and invites him to consider serving as the minister for those settlements.
About This Item
- Title: Letter inviting Rev. M. Baxter to move to Brunswick, 1717
- Creation Date: circa 1717
- Subject Date: circa 1717
- Town: Brunswick
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 365, Box 1/9
- Collection: Doggett family papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brunswick (Me.)--Missions--18th century
- Ministers--Maine--18th century
- Missions--Maine--18th century
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.