Contributed by Diana Letellier through Sebago Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
In this letter, Sergeant Walter Rounds, Co I, 31st Maine Infantry, writes to cousin Abbie Rounds telling her he loves to get letters from her.
Rounds also writes that he wants to see the reelection of President Lincoln and the crushing of the Confederate Rebellion.
About This Item
- Title: Walter Rounds Letter to his Cousin Abbie, 1864
- Creator: Rounds, Walter
- Creation Date: 1864-09-29
- Subject Date: 1864-09-29
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: W.WR.7
- Collection: Diana Letellier Family Letters
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Maine--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Rounds, Walter--Correspondence
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 31st (1864-1865). Company I
- Rounds, Walter
- Rounds, Abbie M.
- Bacheldor, Joseph
- Lincoln, Abraham
- Sherman, William Tecumsah
- Sheridan, Philip H.
- Grant, Ulysses S.
For more information about this item, contact:Sebago Historical Society
PO Box 59, Sebago, ME 04029
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.