Contributed by Sebago Historical Society
Corporal Walter Rounds, Co I, 17th ME Infantry, writes to cousin Abbie that he's served 2 years and has one to go. Though he writes that there is gunfire all around him, he hopes he will be as fortunate in the future to survive the war as he's been in the past.
About This Item
- Title: Walter Rounds Letter regarding gunfire, 1864
- Creator: Walter Rounds
- Creation Date: 1864-08-29
- Subject Date: 1864-08-29
- Location: Petersburg, VA
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: W.WR.5
- Collection: Diana Letellier Family Letters
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 17th (1861-1865). Company I
- Rounds, Walter--Correspondence
For more information about this item, contact:Sebago Historical Society
PO Box 59, Sebago, ME 04029
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.