Contributed by Sebago Historical Society
Corporal Walter Rounds, Co I 17th ME Infantry, has gone to Augusta and is preparing to return to his regiment in Virginia after his furlough.
About This Item
- Title: Walter Rounds letter to cousin Abbie after his furlough, 1864
- Creator: Walter Rounds
- Creation Date: 1864-07-28
- Subject Date: 1864-07-28
- Location: Augusta, Kennebec County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: W.WR.4
- Collection: Diana Letellier Family Letters
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Military leaves and furloughs
- Rounds, Walter--Correspondence
- Maine--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 17th (1861-1865). Company I
For more information about this item, contact:Sebago Historical Society
PO Box 59, Sebago, ME 04029
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.