Contributed by John Micavich through Sebago Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Pvt. Charles Cole of Sebago, serving in Co. K of the 25th Maine Infantry, wrote to his sister Ella in Sebago, reporting that the regiment probably would stay in Arlington Heights for the winter, guarding the long bridge.
About This Item
- Title: Pvt. Charles Cole to family, Arlington, Va., 1862
- Creator: Cole, Charles W
- Creation Date: 1862-11-29
- Subject Date: 1862-11-29
- Town: Arlington Heights, Sebago, Washington
- County: Cumberland
- State: DC, ME, VA
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: W.CC.30
- Collection: John Micavich: Charles Cole Civil War Letters
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Sebago Historical Society
PO Box 59, Sebago, ME 04029
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Cole family
- Maine--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 25th (1862-1863)
- Cole, Charles H.--Correspondence
- Cole, Charles W.
- Cole, Ella F.
- Fessenden, Francis
- Sigel, Franz
- Barnard, John C.
- Decker, Sabrina
- Witham, Edwin F.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.