Contributed by Swan's Island Historical Society
A pile of quarry stone ready for shipment at the Quarry Wharf with a derrick to help load the stone on the barges. Baird's Quarry, Minturn, Swan's Island.
About This Item
- Title: Derrick at the Quarry Wharf, Swan's Island, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Swan's Island, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 27 cm x 36 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Stone quarrying--Maine
- Granite quarrying--Maine
- Hoisting machinery--Maine--Swan's Island
- Piers & wharves--Maine--Swan's Island
For more information about this item, contact:Swan's Island Historical Society
PO Box 144, 9 North Rd, Swan's Island, ME 04685
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.