Contributed by Cornish Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Curved bridge behind the Bonney Memorial Library during the flood of March, 1936. View is east along the Ossipee River. Cornish is on the right and Durgintown (South Hiram) is on the left. The floods almost completely covered the bridge, mostly on the Durgintown side.
About This Item
- Title: Curved Bridge between Cornish and South Hiram, flood of March 1936
- Creation Date: 1936
- Subject Date: 1936
- Local Name: Durgintown
- Town: Cornish, South Hiram
- County: Oxford, York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.5 cm x 13.7 cm
- Local Code: B 9
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Hiram (Me.)--Description & views
- Covered Bridges--Maine--Cornish
- Cornish (Me.)--Description & views
- Bridges--Flood damage--Maine--Cornish
- Ossipee River (Cornish, Me.)--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Cornish Historical Society
HC 69, Box 79, Cornish, ME 04020
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.