Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This city hall was built in 1868, rebuilt after a fire in 1866, and burned again in 1908 from an electrical fire. The Lamson studio photograph shows the Grand Army of the Republic reunion celebration at City Hall in June 1885.
The GAR was a Civil War veterans' organization.
About This Item
- Title: City Hall, Portland, 1885
- Creator: Lamson
- Creation Date: 1885
- Subject Date: 1885
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 11 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--Portland--City Hall
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Portland City Hall (Me.)--Photographs
- Grand Army Reunion (Portland, Me.)
- City Halls--Maine--Portland
- Architecture, buildings & monuments
- Celebrations, holidays & commemorations
- Politics, politicians, government & law
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.