Contributed by Boston Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The bird's eye-type map shows Calais, in Washington County; and St. Stephen and Milltown, Charlotte County, New Brunswick. The communities and countries are separated by the St. Croix River.
The index at the bottom of the sheet includes places of interest: churches, buildings, shops, and wharves. The view details streets, individual houses and buildings, as well as some landscape features.
About This Item
- Title: View of Calais and New Brunswick, 1879
- Creator: J.J. Stoner, Publisher
- Creation Date: 1879
- Subject Date: 1879
- Town: Calais, Milltown, Saint Stephen
- County: Washington
- State: ME, NB
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 46.0 cm x 67.0 cm
- Local Code: G3734.C2A3 1879 .P3
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Boston Public Library
700 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- St. Stephen (N.B.)--Maps
- New Brunswick--Aerial views
- Saint Stephen (N.B.)--Aerial views
- Millton (N.B.)--Aerial views
- Calais (Me.)--Maps
- Bird's-eye view prints
- Calais (Me.)--Aerial views
- Buildings--New Brunswick--Milltown
- Milltown (N.B.)--Maps
- Saint Croix River (Me. and N.B.)
- Maine--Aerial views
- Buildings--New Brunswick--Saint Stephen
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.