Contributed by Boston Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Monson, with Lake Hebron in the upper left distance, is shown in this 1889 bird's-eye view.
Also featured are various buildings, shops and the railroad. Slate quarries are identified and the index includes many points of interest.
The title on map is, "Monson, Maine."
About This Item
- Title: Monson bird's-eye view, 1889
- Creator: Norris, George E.
- Creation Date: 1889
- Subject Date: 1889
- Town: Monson
- County: Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper, lithograph
- Dimensions: 30.0 cm x 60.0 cm
- Local Code: G3734.M62A3 1889 .N6
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Stores & shops--Maine--Monson
- Monson (Me.)--Maps
- Monson (Me.)--Aerial views
- Maine--Aerial views
- Bird's-eye view prints
- Quarries and quarrying--Maine--Monson
For more information about this item, contact:Boston Public Library
700 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.