Contributed by Swan's Island Historical Society
Standing together in the kitchen of the Odd Fellows Hall on Swan's Island are sisters Hildreth Turner Vennie (1912-1966), Bernice Turner Carlson (1901-2001) and Marjorie Turner Stinson (1914-1999).
They were the daughters of Fred & Flora (Sellers) Turner.
The woman in the back is Mrs. Enna Temple, wife of Rev. Cecil Temple of the Advent Christian Church.
The person shadowed behind Mrs. Temple is Marguerite Burns Batcheler (1914-1990).
About This Item
- Title: Odd Fellows Hall workers, Swan's Island, ca. 1945
- Creation Date: circa 1945
- Subject Date: circa 1945
- Town: Swan's Island
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 27 cm x 36 cm
- Collection: Women's Firsts
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Women--Maine--Swans Island
- Organizations--Maine--Swans Island
- Buildings--Maine--Swans Island
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows. (Swans Island, Me.)
- Vennie, Hildreth Turner
- Carlson, Bernice Turner
- Stinson, Marjorie Turner
- Temple, Enna
- Batcheler, Marquerite Burns
For more information about this item, contact:Swan's Island Historical Society
PO Box 144, 9 North Rd, Swan's Island, ME 04685
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.