Contributed by Camden Public Library
In 1931, the land adjacent to the Camden Public Library was transformed into the Camden Amphitheatre.
Designed by the prominent landscape architect Fletcher Steele on land donated by Mary Louise Curtis Bok, the amphitheatre was intended to be a public space where concerts, plays and programs could be staged.
This picture shows the amphitheatre from side to side, with the back of the Camden Public Library in the background. Workers are putting finishing touches on the lawn.
About This Item
- Title: Camden Amphitheatre, ca. 1931
- Creation Date: circa 1931
- Subject Date: circa 1931
- Town: Camden
- County: Knox
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Collection: Amphitheatre and Harbor Park
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Camden Public Library
55 Main Street, Camden, ME 04843
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Camden Amphitheater (Me.)--Photographs
- Camden Public Library (Me.)--Photographs
- Concert halls--Maine--Camden
- Exhibition facilities--Maine--Camden
- Architecture, buildings & monuments
- Bok amphitheater
- Camden Public Library
- Garden Theater
- Garden Theatre
- landscape architecture
- Mary Louise Curtis Bok
- Recreation & leisure
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.