Contributed by Maine State Archives through Maine State Archives
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
The State Commission on Municipal War Debts had questions about three men whom Sebago claimed to have paid a bounty. They had been credited to other towns. The Commission asks the Selectmen for proof that they were paid by Sebago. Three different people made notes on this document.
About This Item
- Title: Sebago Bounty Reimbursement Claim Questions, 1869
- Creator: Milliken, J. A.
- Creation Date: 1869-06-19
- Subject Date: 1896-06-19
- Town: Gorham, Sebago, Westbrook
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 24.75 cm x 19.5 cm
- Local Code: CW Augusta 6-19-69
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Public debt--Maine--Sebago
- Bounties--Military--19th century
- Maine--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Bounties, Military--United States--Cases
For more information about this item, contact:Maine State Archives
84 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0084
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.