Contributed by Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
Two unidentified women are cutting up rags inside the Eastern Fine Paper mill so that they can be used for making paper. The women are supervised by an unidentified one-armed man.
In the foreground of the image is a large bale of shredded rags.
About This Item
- Title: Women cutting rags, Eastern Fine Paper, Brewer, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Brewer
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 24.1 cm
- Local Code: Photo# 10213
- Collection: Eastern Fine Paper
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Eastern Manufacturing Company (Brewer, Me.)
- Eastern Manufacturing Company (Brewer, Me.)--Equipment and supplies
- Paper industry--Maine--Brewer
- Paper mills--Maine--Brewer
- Pulp mills--Maine--Brewer
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
c/o Special Collections, 5729 Fogler Library, Orono, ME 04469
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.