Contributed by Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
Two unidentified women are cutting up rags inside the Eastern Fine Paper mill so that they can be used for making paper. The women are supervised by an unidentified one-armed man.
In the foreground of the image is a large bale of shredded rags.
About This Item
- Title: Women cutting rags, Eastern Fine Paper, Brewer, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Brewer
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 24.1 cm
- Local Code: Photo# 10213
- Collection: Eastern Fine Paper
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
5773 South Stevens Hall, Orono, ME 04469
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Eastern Manufacturing Company (Brewer, Me.)
- Eastern Manufacturing Company (Brewer, Me.)--Equipment and supplies
- Paper industry--Maine--Brewer
- Paper mills--Maine--Brewer
- Pulp mills--Maine--Brewer
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.