Contributed by Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
In this long room inside the mill twenty-five women are shown sorting rags into large barrels. Such rags were used for some of the higher quality paper at Eastern. The women are capped and are wearing aprons. Notice that they are overseen by a man in a suit and tie at the far end of the room.
About This Item
- Title: Women sorting rags, Brewer, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Location: Brewer, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19.7 cm x 24.1 cm
- Local Code: Photo# 10210
- Collection: Eastern Fine Paper
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Pulp mills--Maine--Brewer
- Paper mills--Maine--Brewer
- Eastern Manufacturing Company (Brewer, Me.)--Equipment and supplies
- Eastern Manufacturing Company (Brewer, Me.)
- Paper industry--Maine--Brewer
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
c/o Special Collections, 5729 Fogler Library, Orono, ME 04469
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.