Contributed by Ben Conant through Strong Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Abner H. Foster (1822-1892) enlisted from Freeman in Company A, 7th Maine Infantry and served from 1864 to 1865. The area of Freeman known as Foster Hill is named for his family.
About This Item
- Title: Pvt. Abner H. Foster, Union soldier, ca. 1864
- Creation Date: circa 1864
- Subject Date: circa 1964
- Town: Freeman
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Tinytype
- Dimensions: 7.5 cm x 5 cm
- Local Code: 12.04.115.17
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Strong Historical Society
PO Box 133, Strong, ME 04983
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Foster, Abner H., 1822-1892--Portrait photographs
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 7th (1861-1864)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.