Contributed by Strong Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The engine on the left is pulling the string of cars past the switch of the junction, where the points will be moved to allow the string to be coupled to the engine in the center. That engine will then haul the string down to Farmington.
About This Item
- Title: Working the junction at the Strong railroad station, Strong, ca. 1918
- Creation Date: circa 1918
- Subject Date: circa 1918
- Town: Strong
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9.5 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: ED.01.066.055
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Strong Historical Society
PO Box 133, Strong, ME 04983
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad (1908-1936)
- Narrow gauge railroads--Maine
- Railroad cars--Maine--Strong
- Railroad switches--Maine--Strong
- Maine Central Railroad Company
- Railroad shops & yards--Maine--Strong
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.