Contributed by City of Portland - Planning & Development
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Dwelling - Two family at 73-81 Park Street in West End, Portland, was owned by Stuart O. Symonds in 1924.
Known as the Carroll Mansion, it was once the home of Julia (Clapp) and her husband, tobacco merchant John Bryce Carroll. Julia Clapp Carroll was the daughter of developer and businessman Charles Quincy Clapp and his wife, Julia Wingate.
About This Item
- Address: 73-81 Park Street, Portland, 1924
- Neighborhood: West End
- 1924 Owner: Stuart O. Symonds
- Use: Dwelling - Two family
- Creation Date: 1924
- Subject Date: 1924
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print, ink on paper.
- Dimensions: 35.56 cm x 9.84 cm
- Local Code: Block 44F Lot 7 Book 57 Page 1
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Real property--Maine--Portland
- Tax assessment--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:City of Portland - Planning & Development
389 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.