Contributed by Cornish Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Curved Bridge over the Ossipee behind Bonney Memorial Library, looking south toward Cornish village in March 1936. This bridge, built in 1930, is unique in that it is curved and was originally known as the only curved bridge in Maine.
About This Item
- Title: Curved Bridge, Cornish, 1936
- Creator: Unknown
- Creation Date: 1936
- Subject Date: 1936
- Town: Cornish, Hiram
- County: Oxford, York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.9 cm x 12.3 cm
- Local Code: B 14
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Cornish Historical Society
HC 69, Box 79, Cornish, ME 04020
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Cornish (Me.)--Description & views
- Hiram (Me.)--Description & views
- Bridges--Flood damage--Maine--Cornish
- Ossipee River (Cornish, Me.)--Photographs
- Covered Bridges--Maine--Cornish
- Architecture, buildings & monuments
- Nature, geography & animals
- Spring Floods
- Weather & disasters
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.