Contributed by Boston Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The caption reads, "Asticou Inn from Clifton Dock, North East Harbor, Maine." A.C. Savage built the first Asticou Inn in 1883. This inn burned in 1899, and was rebuilt and open for business in 1900.
The Tichnor Brothers printing company published this type of postcard circa 1930-1945.
About This Item
- Title: Asticou Inn, Northeast Harbor, ca. 1935
- Creator: Tichnor Bros., Inc.
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Location: Northeast Harbor, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Linen texture postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Collection: The Tichnor Brothers Collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Resorts--Maine--Northeast Harbor
- Asticou Inn (Northeast Harbor, Me.)
- Hotels--Maine--Northeast Harbor
- Mount Desert Island (Me.)
- Fishing boats--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Boston Public Library
700 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.