Contributed by John Micavich through Sebago Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
William Brown of the 25th Maine Regiment that was stationed outside Washington, D.C., wrote to the Benjamin Cole family, his neighbors in Segago, to them them know that Pvt. Charles Cole, also of the 25th Maine, had died.
Brown let the senior Cole know what the expenses were to ship his son's body back to Sebago.
About This Item
- Title: William Brown letter on Charles Cole death, near Washington, D.C., 1862
- Creator: Brown, William S.
- Creation Date: 1862-12-17
- Subject Date: 1862-12-17
- Town: Sebago
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: W.CC.15
- Collection: John Micavich: Charles Cole Civil War letters
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 25th (1862-1863)
- Cole family
- Cole, Charles H.--Death and burial
- Maine--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865--Personal narratives
- Brown, William Stearns--Correspondence
For more information about this item, contact:Sebago Historical Society
PO Box 59, Sebago, ME 04029
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.