Contributed by Swan's Island Historical Society
Salmon pens used to raise salmon were placed not far out from Burnt Coat Harbor, Swan's Island. Salmon farming started in 1988 and ended in 2003.
About This Item
- Title: Salmon pens off Swan's Island, ca. 1990
- Creation Date: circa 1990
- Subject Date: circa 1990
- Location: Swan's Island, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 15 cm x 36 cm
- Collection: Islanders at Work
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fishing industry--Maine--Swan's Island
- Salmon farming--Maine--Swan's Island
- Salmon--Maine--Swan's Island
For more information about this item, contact:Swan's Island Historical Society
PO Box 144, 9 North Rd, Swan's Island, ME 04685
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.