Contributed by Swan's Island Historical Society
The medicinal fish oil factory was one of several fish factories on Swan's Island during the early 1900s when cod, halibut and mackerel were plentiful. This factory was located on a small island on the Minturn side of Burnt Coat Harbor.
About This Item
- Title: Medicinal fish oil factory on Johnson Island, Swan's Island, ca. 1910
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Location: Swan's Island, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 36 cm
- Collection: Islanders at Work
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fishing industry--Maine--Swan's Island
- Fish oil industry--Maine--Swan's Island
- Cod-liver oil industry--Maine--Swan's Island
For more information about this item, contact:Swan's Island Historical Society
PO Box 144, 9 North Rd, Swan's Island, ME 04685
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.