Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Houlton Catholic Church on Main Street in Houlton in about 1930.
The Rev. Father Moran, pastor of the Roman Catholic society in Houlton in about 1840 was instrumental in founding this church. The building dates from 1889 and cost $13,000.
The building burned and has been replaced.
About This Item
- Title: St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church, Houlton, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Location: Houlton, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 448
- Collection: Prints of original post cards of Witteman Brothers Postal Card Company
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- St. Mary's Catholic Church (Houlton, Me.)--Photographs
- Houlton (Me.)--Description and views
- Catholic churches--Maine--Houlton--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.