Contributed by Mantor Library at UMF
Carolyn Stone became an instructor at Farmington State Normal School in 1901. She taught Physical Training, which included physiology and calisthenics, until 1903.
After leaving the Normal School to care for her ailing parents, she returned in 1905 and taught physical education and health education.
About This Item
- Title: Carolyn Stone, Farmington State Normal School, ca. 1907
- Creator: Preble, Sam
- Creation Date: circa 1907
- Subject Date: circa 1907
- Town: Farmington
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18.2 cm x 13 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Mantor Library at UMF
University of Maine at Farmington, 116 South Street, Farmington, ME 04938
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- University of Maine Farmington--History
- Farmington State Teachers College (Me.)
- Stone, Carolyn--Portrait photographs
- Women physical education teachers--Maine--Farmington
- Farmington State Normal School (Me.)--Faculty
- Farmington State Normal School
- health education
- physical education
- University of Maine at Farmington
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.