Contributed by Sebago Historical Society
Listen to a family story about William Henry Martin
A page of William H Martin's Monthly Returns record includes a note that he was arrested and held in Portland in 1864. The Adjutant General required that a record be kept of all soldiers’ whereabouts month to month.
About This Item
- Title: William H Martin's monthly return summary, 1864-65
- Creator: Dalton
- Creation Date: 1864 - 1866
- Subject Date: 1864 - 1866
- Town: Hart's Island, Portland, Savannah, Sebago
- County: Cumberland, Cumberland
- State: GA, ME, NY
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 21.6 cm x 16.5 cm
- Local Code: W.WHM2
- Collection: Military Records, Washington, DC
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army--Recruiting and enlistment, etc.
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 12th (1861-1864)
For more information about this item, contact:Sebago Historical Society
PO Box 59, Sebago, ME 04029
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.