Contributed by Yarmouth Historical Society
The Forest Paper Co. on the Royal River in Yarmouth produced soda pulp for paper production year-round throughout its 51 years of existence. It began in 1872 and closed in 1923.
The structures and smokestacks of Forest Paper Company stood idle in Yarmouth for eight years until it went up in spectacular flames and burned to the ground in 1931.
About This Item
- Title: Winter, Forest Paper Co., Yarmouth, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Local Name: Third Falls
- Town: Yarmouth
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: PFI.6
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Paper industry--Maine--Yarmouth
- Forest Paper Company (Yarmouth, Me.)
- Lumber industry--Maine--Yarmouth
- Pulp mills--Maine--Yarmouth
- Black Ash
- Elm Street
- Royal River
For more information about this item, contact:Yarmouth Historical Society
118 East Elm St., PO Box 107, Yarmouth, ME 04096
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.