Contributed by Yarmouth Historical Society
The Forest Paper Company mill on the Royal River in Yarmouth was built in 1872 after a fire burned the original mill at the site, the Yarmouth Paper Co.
The mill, which produced world-class soda pulp for making paper, closed in 1923. The mill had expanded to 10 buildings by then. In 1931, the mill buildings burned.
About This Item
- Title: Forest Paper Company, Yarmouth, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Local Name: Third Falls
- Town: Yarmouth
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 20 cm
- Local Code: 1995.71.53
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Forest Paper Company (Yarmouth, Me.)
- Lumber industry--Maine--Yarmouth
- Pulp mills--Maine--Yarmouth
- Paper industry--Maine--Yarmouth
- Black Ash
- Elm Street
- Royal River
For more information about this item, contact:Yarmouth Historical Society
118 East Elm St., PO Box 107, Yarmouth, ME 04096
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.