Contributed by Surry Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Surry Elementary School. More info about student projects.
Local residents ham it up in the Surry Day parade while impersonating the famous Beverly Hillbillies. Riding atop an old "Army" truck made to look like the original Beverly Hillbillies jalopy, Lynn Bonsey is dressed as Ellie Mae Clampett and Helen McGraw is Granny Clampett. Cameron Bonsey dressed as a clown keeps up with the vehicle on the parade route.
About This Item
- Title: Surry's version of the Beverly Hillbillies, 1967
- Creation Date: 1967-08-12
- Subject Date: 1967-08-12
- Location: Surry, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.73125 cm x 8.73125 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Parades & processions--Maine--Surry
- Beverly hillbillies (Television program)--Parodies, imitations, etc.
For more information about this item, contact:Surry Historical Society
PO Box 17, Surry, ME 04684
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.