Contributed by Surry Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Surry Elementary School. More info about student projects.
Surry enjoyed their "own" version of the famous Beverly Hillibillies at the 1967 Surry Day Parade. Riding atop the old jalopy are Lynn Bonsey dressed as Ellie Mae Clampett and Helen McGraw as Granny. A young Cameron Bonsey accompanied the Beverly Hillibillies on the parade route. They are on the North Bend Road heading north.
About This Item
- Title: "Beverly Hillbillies," Surry Day Parade, Surry, 1967
- Creation Date: 1967-08-12
- Subject Date: 1967-08-12
- Location: Surry, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.73125 cm x 8.73125 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Parades & processions--Maine--Surry
- Beverly hillbillies (Television program)--Parodies, imitations, etc.
For more information about this item, contact:Surry Historical Society
PO Box 17, Surry, ME 04684
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.