Contributed by Swan's Island Educational Society
Sweet Chariot musicians traditionally row out to the windjammers visiting Swan's Island and sing to the guests before one of their evening performances. The Sweet Chariot Music Festival is traditionally held during the early part of August on Swan's Island. Seen here are the two vessels the Mary Day and the Penrose.
About This Item
- Title: Sweet Chariot musicians on a windjammer, Swan's Island, ca. 2000
- Creation Date: circa 2000
- Subject Date: circa 2000
- Town: Swan's Island
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 26 cm x 34 cm
- Collection: Islanders at Play
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Music festivals--Maine--Swans Island
- Musicians--Maine--Swans Island
- Singers--Maine--Swans Island
- Tourists--Maine--Swans Island
- Arrivals & departures--Maine--Swans Island
For more information about this item, contact:Swan's Island Educational Society
c/o Swan's Island Historical Society, POB 86, Swan's Island, ME 04685
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.