Contributed by Mr. & Mrs. Robert Pike through Strong Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
This little canister was lathe-turned by Strong Wood Turning Corp. in two pieces. The cap is sized to slip over the hollowed base.
The canister was very handy to safely store stick matches for travel or to keep toothpicks sanitary on the dining room table.
About This Item
- Title: Match/Toothpick canister, Strong Wood Turning Corp., Strong, cr. 1955
- Creator: Strong Wood Turning Corp.
- Creation Date: circa 1955
- Subject Date: circa 1955
- Town: Strong
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Lacquered wood
- Dimensions: 8.6 cm x 3.1 cm x 3.1 cm
- Local Code: 11.09.293.007
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Lumber industry--Maine--Strong
- Forest products industry--Maine--Strong
- Wooden novelties
- Wood products--Maine--Strong
For more information about this item, contact:Strong Historical Society
PO Box 133, Strong, ME 04983
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.