Contributed by Mr. & Mrs. Robert Pike through Strong Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Strong Wood Turning Corp. produced bottle caps for English Leather cologne and aftershave lotion.
The cap was lathe-turned to shape and finished with clear lacquer, then a plastic cap was pressed into the hole in the base. The caps were then shipped to be placed on English Leather bottles.
About This Item
- Title: Cologne Bottle Cap, Strong Wood Turning Corp., Strong, ca. 1955
- Creator: Strong Wood Turning Corp.
- Creation Date: circa 1955
- Subject Date: circa 1955
- Town: Strong
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Lacquered wood with plastic insert
- Dimensions: 4.6 cm x 4.6 cm x 4.6 cm
- Local Code: 11.09.293.006
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Wooden novelties
- Forest products industry--Maine--Strong
- Lumber industry--Maine--Strong
- Wood products--Maine--Strong
For more information about this item, contact:Strong Historical Society
PO Box 133, Strong, ME 04983
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.