Contributed by Mr. & Mrs. Robert Pike through Strong Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
This game, made by Strong Wood Turning Corp., was lathe-turned in three pieces, the ball, the cup and the handle. It was sealed and lacquered, and was assembled with a 12 inch piece of string.
To use, the ball was hung on the string, then swung or tossed and caught in the cup.
About This Item
- Title: Ball Toss & Catch Game, Strong Wood Turning Corp., ca. 1955
- Creator: Strong Wood Turning Corp.
- Creation Date: circa 1955
- Subject Date: circa 1955
- Town: Strong
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Lacquered wood
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 3.3 cm x 3.3 cm
- Local Code: 11.09.293.004
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Strong Historical Society
PO Box 133, Strong, ME 04983
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.