Contributed by Mr. & Mrs. Robert Pike through Strong Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
This game, made by Strong Wood Turning Corp., was lathe-turned in three pieces, the ball, the cup and the handle. It was sealed and lacquered, and was assembled with a 12 inch piece of string.
To use, the ball was hung on the string, then swung or tossed and caught in the cup.
About This Item
- Title: Ball Toss & Catch Game, Strong Wood Turning Corp., ca. 1955
- Creator: Strong Wood Turning Corp.
- Creation Date: circa 1955
- Subject Date: circa 1955
- Town: Strong
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Lacquered wood
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 3.3 cm x 3.3 cm
- Local Code: 11.09.293.004
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Wooden novelties
- Forest products industry--Maine--Strong
- Lumber industry--Maine--Strong
- Wood products--Maine--Strong
For more information about this item, contact:Strong Historical Society
PO Box 133, Strong, ME 04983
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.