Contributed by Winslow Historical Preservation Committee
Construction of the canal for the Hollingsworth & Whitney lumber company, off from the Kennebec River, in order to transport logs to the mill yard for storage. Mill construction began in 1892. The homes up above are along Benton Avenue.
About This Item
- Title: Digging Hollingsworth & Whitney Company canal, Winslow, ca. 1906
- Creation Date: circa 1906
- Subject Date: circa 1906
- Location: Winslow, Kennebec County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20.2 cm x 30.5 cm
- Local Code: 00028
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Canal construction--Maine--Winslow
- Lumber industry--Maine--Winslow
- Horse teams--Maine--Winslow
- Construction workers--Maine--Winslow
For more information about this item, contact:Winslow Historical Preservation Committee
Winslow Public Library, 136 Halifax Street, Winslow, ME 04901
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.