Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Lt. Charles Bridges of Castine, quartermaster of the 80th Regiment U.S. Colored Troops, was ordered to transfer his stores because he was promoted to captain and assistant quartermaster in the United States Volunteers.
About This Item
- Title: Charles Bridges promotion, New Orleans, 1865
- Creator: Mudgett, William S.
- Creation Date: 1865-05-19
- Subject Date: 1865-05-19
- Town: Castine, New Orleans, Stockton Springs
- County: Hancock, Waldo
- State: LA, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 2114, Box 4/1
- Collection: Charles Bridges/80th U.S. Colored Volunteers Civil War records
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Military promotions
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--African Americans
- United States. Army--Appointments and retirements
- United States. Army--Promotions
- United States. Army. Colored Infantry Regiment, 80th (1864-1867)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.