Contributed by Androscoggin Historical Society
Back of photo reads "This rig was used to take the Sunday Papers from Portland to Canton, Me. on The Portland and Rumford Falls Railroad. Copy photo from an original in S. Gordon Collection." It was called a steam railroad rig.
About This Item
- Title: Steam Railroad Rig, Mechanic Falls, 1910
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Mechanic Falls, Androscoggin County, ME
- Canton, Oxford County, ME
- Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 24 cm
- Local Code: Mechanic Falls
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Railroad locomotives--Maine--Mechanic Falls--Photographs
- Portland & Rumford Falls Railroad (Me.)--Photographs
- Mechanic Falls (Me.)--Description & views--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Androscoggin Historical Society
2 Turner Street, Auburn, ME 04210
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.