Contributed by Strong Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes Railroad Engine# 7 left the rails on the Bigelow Extension ca. 1916. Here the crew works at righting it.
In order to stand this 18-ton iron horse back on the rails without a crane, they used only ropes, pulleys, chains, jacks and cribbing.
About This Item
- Title: S.R.R.L. Engine# 7 being righted onto rails, Bigelow, ca. 1916
- Creation Date: circa 1916
- Subject Date: circa 1916
- Town: Bigelow
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: ED.01.103.400
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Narrow gauge railroads--Maine
- Railroad accidents--Maine--Bigelow
- Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes Railroad (1908-1936)
For more information about this item, contact:Strong Historical Society
PO Box 133, Strong, ME 04983
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.